Job: XCalibre Communications is looking for a C/Java developer
22 April, 2009 Leave a comment
XCalibre Communications Ltd has been delivering innovative hosting solutions to thousands of customers across the UK and Europe since 1997. Based in Scotland we have a network of UK data centres in central locations and offer a unique range of secure, reliable and cost-effective hosting services. We are also the European market leaders with our Cloud Computing solution “Flexiscale” which is live in its second iteration.
This is an exciting opportunity for a high calibre C, Java Developer to join the core development team within a well established and rapidly expanding Scottish organisation. The team is responsible for delivering projects across various sectors of the business, all based from their head office in the Scottish Central Belt.
The core focus of the role will include knowledge of the following –
- C – Ability to fluently understand and program in C. A familiarisation with Pthreads and sockets is highly desirable.
- Core Java – a minimum of 3 years developmental experience in Java with a necessity of being knowledgeable with Multi threading and sockets.
- Database – In-depth knowledge on SQL and database design with hands on experience in Postgres and MySQL.
- Linux – As all code written will be utilised on Linux based systems a sound understanding of Linux down to command line.
- Others – Web services and XML is a must Experience in developing scalable distributed software with a knowledge of PHP would be extremely beneficial.
You will work closely with analysts and software developers to deliver a bespoke integrated, modular management system across various business units. You will also be required to interact with business users, gather requirements, analyse, code and test all products prior to final implementation.
Not only will you be given the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology, you will also be provided with a structured career path and ongoing training in the most current technology and the opportunity to obtain further industry accreditations. Further information will be provided upon receipt of an up to date CV.
Please send your CV to oali at xcalibre dot co dot uk
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.