Senior C# Developer wanted (South of Edinburgh)
7 September, 2009 Leave a comment
We are looking for a pro-active experienced senior C# .NET developer, programmer, engineer and guru to help take our B2C application to the masses and beyond. Our application uses the latest in development methodologies, technologies and infrastructure and is leading the way in Silverlight based Rich Internet Applications. You will work with the rest of the team on rapidly developing our front end application as well as its complex framework, middleware and supporting systems while utilising input from product management and design. This is a lead role involving extensive collaboration with the rest of the business and with an opportunity to contribute to all stages in the development process.
This is a focused development role with an opportunity to get involved in a broad range of technologies including the core Silverlight GUI as well as mobile, desktop and offline components.
You will be involved in…
- developing for GUI, application, business and data systems
- XAML and Silverlight 3+ integration with .Net and SDS for RIA solutions
- C# and .Net 3.5+ using the latest WPF and WCF technology to build business and data solutions
- developing stored procedures, SQL and SSIS/SSRS as needed
- working closely with business and technical teams to understand, document, design and code processes
- working closely with technical and business teams to understand, document and design and code integration
- leading the translation of concepts, requirements and source mapping documents into solutions
- designing, developing, testing, optimising and deploying .Net applications and SQL data components and related functions
- developing online, mobile, desktop and offline applications, controls and gadgets in support of the core application
- Candidate must have a deep understanding of application design, development, layout and presentation.
- 5+ years experience of .Net development, .NET web services and .Net principles and architectures including the concepts, designs and usage of software components, deployments and packages.
- Experience developing C# applications.
- Extensive experience and sound understanding of in ASP.NET, XML (with some XAML experience highly desirable), Linq, Windows Forms, WCF, Silverlight and Windows Services and SQL/Stored procedures.
- Must be able to analyze requirements, design and specification documents, and provide instructions to other team members.
- Responsible for version and release management in development, testing, staging and production environments.
- Manage change control and configuration management for deliverables.
- Must demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills and be able to interface with all levels of business and IT.
- Work well in a team-oriented environment managing multiple priorities, following a project plan and meeting project delivery dates.
- Highly organized individual with excellent decision making, analytical, problem solving and presentation skills.
- Excellent communication skills. Must be able to talk and understand clear English.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
For more information: http://www.moneydashboard.com/jobs/senior-developer.aspx