Job Opportunity, Glasgow City Centre: Senior Developer
16 September, 2009 Leave a comment
Conscia are looking for a Senior Developer:
Conscia require an experienced senior developer to join a major new project within the company, and play a key role in the overall quality and delivery of the project. This role will require the candidate to be able to mentor junior developers, communicate with clients and internal customers. The candidate will need to clearly demonstrate their ability for active learning and advancement. We are committed to quality engineering processes and the candidate be expected to contribute towards this.
As well as an excellent financial package (salary, pension, bonus), we also offer you the chance to work within a friendly, sociable, relaxed and informal environment.
Your skills will be pushed to their limits and you will have the opportunity to gain new and varied skills across a broad range of high-profile projects. UK travel is a likely aspect of the role.
CONSCIA are a technology solutions provider specialising in web applications development across a range of industry sectors including; health service, local government, leisure, financial and retail.
Working in an environment where freedom of ideas and company development involvement is genuinely encouraged, you’ll have all the opportunity you want to influence the business, both technically and non-technically.
The opportunities offered are focused around NEW PROJECTS using the latest tools and technologies.
You should have excellent technical skills which you work to keep up to date, along with a proactive interest in new technologies and personal improvement within your field. You should have a thorough understanding of Object Oriented principles and software engineering practices; knowledge of Unit testing will also be key. You will need to be aware of enterprise development patterns and practices. An understanding of scalability issues, especially relating to the Web will be fundamental to this role. You will be expected to participate in mentoring and code reviews, as well as knowledge transfer session with the rest of the development team. You should work well in teams and be a good communicator, and be able to plan and execute your time efficiently. Above all, we want a candidate who is excited by tackling problems and writing good solutions, and is energised by what they do.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Producing high quality deliverables in C# which are maintainable and extensible
- Implement solutions using appropriate technologies such as ORMs (e.g. nHibernate, LINQ2SQL), SQL Server, Web Services, FAST and to a lesser degree third party products such as Umbraco or SharePoint.
- Design and Implement robust solutions, primarily for the Web
- Profiling and tuning code for optimal performance and scalability
- Contributing to the engineering practices of the company
- Participate in Technical Architecture and Code Review sessions.
- Mentor junior developers within the company
- Understand key issues in developing web solutions, such as progressive enhancement, accessibility and browser considerations.
To apply please send your CV to Kirsty@conscia.co.uk, include in the Subject “Senior Developer, Sept-09”