Job: Senior Interface Developer in Glasgow
1 September, 2010 Leave a comment
Glasgow based digital media agency Equator are looking for a Senior Interface Developer to join their growing development team.
Due to continual expansion, we are currently looking for a Senior Interface Developer to join our Development team.
You must have a genuine enthusiasm for development work, be committed, client facing, talented, fun and have at least five years experience in web based technologies.
As part of the team you will be expected to take on new projects, work on existing projects, provide mentoring for junior members of the team and help continually push the implementation of new technologies and best practice in every aspect of the development project life cycle.
Key Technical skills/Experience
- 5+ years HTML with expertise of Web Standards with an emphasis on modern, semantic mark-up and knowledge of HTML 5 techniques and practices
- 5+ years CSS with proven progressive enhancement techniques
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge and application of Ajax for enhancing user experience
- Knowledge and application of usability and accessibility best practice.
- Data integration from server-side technologies
- Experience of C#, Asp.NET and Visual Studio a distinct advantage
- 3 year + of working with CMS applications. Umbraco an advantage
- Proven lead roles on projects
- Produce accurate and well documented solutions
- An eye for detail and an ability to work from design templates to produce design assets and complete websites
Key Role Skills
- Ability to teach and mentor others
- Willingness to take full responsibility for design and development on client projects
- Deliver presentations at monthly team meetings
- Attend and represent the team at internal company meetings
- Provide input and implement improvements in the development life cycle
- Present ideas and solutions to clients
- Undertake design and development reviews and buddy testing
- Be comfortable working in agile project methodologies
- Provide input into the recruitment process within the team
In return for this you will get to work for a dynamic and very talented development team. Equator has recently been voted the number 1 Digital Agency in Scotland and 15th in the UK for Design and Build by the NMA. We do more than just create web sites! We carry out CMS implementations, integration into third party systems including stock management, payment gateways and ecommerce solutions, create business applications and we also lead the field in Google analytics and other tracking technologies.
On top of this we have just moved into our new Glasgow based head quarters which are truly unique and a really great place to work.
If you think you fit this job profile then please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0141 229 1800 and ask for Robert Graham.
More information about this position and other job openings at Equator can be found at http://www.eqtr.com/who-are-equator/join-us