DDD Scotland Session Follow Up
9 May, 2011 2 Comments
Here are the sessions from DDD Scotland 2011 and links off to the various speakers’ presentations or follow up blog posts.
- Creating your Own Software Company: A Survival Guide (Kendall Miller)
Blog post containing follow up and slide deck.
- Asymptotics and Algorithms – What You’ve Forgotten Since University (Gary Short)
- Making Crap Code Better – Real world Coding Standards (Phil Winstanley)
- Is your code S.O.L.I.D ? (Nathan Gloyn)
- Functional Alchemy: Tricks to keep your C# DRY (Mark Rendle)
- Streams of Streams – Your Rx Prescription (Ray Booysen)
- Defensive programming 101 (Niall Merrigan)
Blog post containing resource links, demos, and slides.
- Parallel… Parallelise… Pallar… Doing stuff at the same time in .NET 4.0 (Colin Mackay)
Blog post giving slide deck, code examples, and answers to follow up questions.
- SpecFlow – functional testing made easy (Paul Stack)
- How to build a framework, and why you almost never should. (Richard Dalton)
- Introduction to Android Development using Monodroid (Chris Canal)
- Building seriously scalable websites with ASP.NET with and without Windows (Chris Hay)
- Don’t Make Me Wait – Faster Websites 101 (Duncan McDougall)
- Real World SLUT (Silverlight Unit Testing) (Daniel May)
- Produce Cleaner Code with Aspect-Oriented Programming (AOP) (Gael Fraiteur)
- From .NET to Rails, A Developer’s Story (Colin Gemmell)
- Touch Me, Stretch Me, Squeeze Me: The Windows 7 WPF Multi-Touch Story (Guy Smith-Ferrier)
Blog post containing overview, slides and source.
- Unit Testing, Test Driven Development and the Walking Skeleton (Seb Rose)
- The dark parts of Mono (Toby Henderson)
Blog post containing the slide deck.
- Introduction to Kanban (Chris McDermott)
- CQRS and Friends: Possibly distributed systems, intentionally. (Andrea Magnorsky)
- Caliburn.Micro: Painless MVVM apps for Silverlight and WPF (Barry Carr)
- Behavioural Driven Development (BDD) with F# (Phillip Trelford)
Blog post giving slide deck, code examples and event overview.
- Building composite applications with Open frameworks (Sebastien Lambla)
- Rewriting software is the single worst mistake you can make – apparently. (Phil Collins)
- Professional Development (Open Discussion)
- Agile Is Dead (Open Discussion)
Mind Map (scroll down past Professional Development).
- How to manage your manager (Mark Rendle)
- Beyond Hackdays/Weekends: Finding Problems To Solve (Glen Mehn)
- Ask The Speakers (Panel Discussion)