Job: Edinburgh, C# Web and Mobile
28 January, 2012 1 Comment
This just in from the ESPC:
A fantastic opportunity to develop software for one of Edinburgh’s best known and respected brand names.
You will be joining a multi skilled team of 7 in Edinburgh city centre, delivering essential functionality used by 100s of internal and external customers, as well as hundreds of thousands of web visitors.
You will be involved in a wide range of projects, from data feeds and middleware, to rich user interfaces for both desktop and non-desktop (mobile) devices.
We are an agile team, which means that our deadlines are tight(but always achievable). You will need to use every trick in the book to meet our rapidly changing business needs, without compromising on software quality. If you have not worked in a continuous integration environment before, this is a great opportunity to realise the considerable benefits of this approach.
You will be an experienced developer with a passion for making great software, happy working alone or within small self-organising teams. Your current skills profile will ideally be a good fit with the list below:
- 2 years+ professional experience in object oriented programming: C# (or possibly Java)
- Unit testing (nUnit)
- MS SQL Server
- Content management, indexing & search
- Ability to take ownership of key project areas such as software design, implementation, integration, documentation, quality assurance, deployment & support
Nice to Have
- Native mobile app development (iOS, Android)
- Apache Lucene / Solr
- Agile (scrum) development methodology
- Continuous integration (CruiseControl.NET)
- Windows Workflow
- Mocks (RhinoMocks)
Salary: Dependent on experience
To Apply: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and covering letter.
Agencies need not apply