Job in Edinburgh with ESRI
3 April, 2012 Leave a comment
This just in from ESRI:
Esri UK Ltd is seeking to recruit a Product Engineer to work within a development team producing core software products. The Product Engineer role is responsible for ensuring the external view of software products, through both the user interface and also programming APIs, is stable, usable, and clearly documented. Product Engineers also contribute to future software product direction by gathering user requirements, researching new technologies and concepts, and designing user experiences and interfaces.
The responsibilities of this role include:
• Testing software with component tests and ad-hoc tests
• Troubleshooting issues, tracking bugs and enhancements
• Interacting with users to gather feedback and answer questions through forums, email and conferences
• Providing input to the design of new products and developer APIs
• Writing documentation to describe user workflows, and creating sample applications and demonstrations
• Communicating product functionality through presentations
The successful applicant will have a range of the following skills:
• Experience of user interface and user experience design, and user requirement gathering
• VB.Net or C# programming experience
• Solid writing and presentation skills
• Knowledge of industry standard testing methodologies, and experience using test suites (NUnit, Microsoft Visual Studio Team System)
A range of the following skills and experience may also be beneficial:
• B.Sc. or higher degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, GIS, or a related field
• Experience of using GIS software and systems, particularly Esri products
• Enjoys working as part of a team
• Knowledge of XML, HTML, REST and JSON
• Experience using database technologies, Oracle or SQL Server, in particular with ArcSDE
The role may suit either a recent graduate, or an applicant with a number of years industry experience.
The role will be based in Edinburgh.