SQL Server DBA Job in Glasgow
6 July, 2012 Leave a comment
This just in from Xedo Software:
Xedo is looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated experience SQL Server DBA to join their expanding team of software professionals. Our software suite is a multi-channel wedding apparel and management system for the designers, stockists and consumers of bridal and formalwear industry.
Successful applicant will have a chance to be part of our growing business and dynamic working environment.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Day-to-day support and administration of database environment.
- Administer, design, build and maintain large DBMS using Microsoft SQL Server. This includes data warehousing.
- Responsible in supporting and ensuring Microsoft SQL Servers availability, performance monitoring and security aspects.
- Ensuring database systemsare resilient and making efficient use of the associated hardware resources
- Pro-actively monitor the health of the database systems and on-going operations.
- Responsible in database change and patch management.
- Assist with software development and implementation of efficient database models
- Implement and support ETL packages using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
You will be expected to have experience with most, if not all of the following:
- Experience of database administration using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 or later and in data warehousing environment.
- Practical experience of SQL Server Clustering and good knowledge on high-availability database architectures.
- Practical and hands-on experience in monitoring and performance tuning large SQL Server Databases.
- Practical experience in Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services
- Practical experience of advance T-SQL, SSIS, and use of DMVs
- Experience in large database design and administration skills including databasesizing and profiling
- Practical experience of SQL Server Reporting Services and/or SQL Server Analysis Services
- Good knowledge of data warehousing best practice and standards
- Good understanding on Windows Azure SQL Database.
- Awareness of current development methodologies and technologies
- Devise and implement disaster recovery plan.
- Good understanding on VMware’s VSphere or Microsoft Hyper-V technology.
To apply for this position please send an email to email@example.com.
No agencies, please.