Job in Glasgow with Chunk Digital
3 April, 2012 Leave a comment
Chunk Digital have been in touch to let us know of a position they have available:
Are you a passionate programmer?
We’re looking for a .net developer who cares about software quality to work on brand sites and digital campaigns. You’ll have full lifecycle involvement from planning and design, through development to deployment and testing. Technology choices vary based on project needs but frequently involve greenfield development using the latest versions of ASP.NET MVC, WCF, NHibernate, log4net, Json.net, NUnit and RhinoMocks.
- Developing new websites and web services, often integrating with a range of external systems including games and interactive applications developed in-house and social media.
- Working closely with a development team, taking ownership of particular functional areas or, taking full ownership of smaller development projects.
- Involvement in all stages of a typically iterative, often short-cycle, development process.
- Breaking down assigned functional requirements into specific, estimable development tasks.
- Making use of cloud technologies, such as Amazon Web Services, to develop flexible and scalable high-traffic applications.
- Identifying and evaluating ways to improve development processes and practices.
- Obtained degree at 2:1 or above in computing science or a related discipline.
- Detailed knowledge of SQL with experience developing MS SQL Server and/or MySQL databases.
- Familiarity with software design patterns and experience in their application.
- Deep understanding of object oriented development concepts.
- Understanding of the importance of automated testing and experience developing testable code.
Fancy it? Send us your CV!