Job: Senior Database Developer & Software Developer Positions in Edinburgh
1 August, 2012 Leave a comment
Craneware are looking to fill 2 positions at their Edinburgh Head Office office:
We are currently looking for a Developer to join our team. Our Development department is responsible for the enhancement and development of our product base. The role of Developer reports into the department team leader, but is also given overall direction and coaching.
- Develop, maintain and adhere to a software delivery processes and standards.
- Work with Team Leaders to Identify inefficient practices and propose changes.
- Provide technical feedback or escalation of technical issues to Team Leaders.
- Work with Team Leader to deliver and implement tasks necessary to deliver a new customer solution.
- Review and clarify when necessary requirements with both internal and external clients.
- Work to project deadlines and deliverables as identified by Team Leader or Team Leaders.
- Communicate issues and risks effectively to Team Leaders and participate addressing these.
- Ensure components are correctly released to Release Manager.
- Work with Team Leaders to ensure product release for test and live environments.
- Work with Test colleagues to ensure issues are communicated and addressed effectively.
- Ensure, where relevant, issues are reported to Team Leaders and Test colleagues in advance of test process.
- Excellent SQL 2000-2005 experience.
- Experience in Agile development methodologies preferable.
- Experience of test driven development preferable.
- Strong Object Oriented design background.
- Delphi, C++, C# or SQL Server experience is highly desirable.
- Strong knowledge of Windows development including GUI design
- Minimum 3 years Winforms/WebForms using ASP.Net and C#
- Minimum 3 years substantial development experience of which a minimum of 2 years should be within a team environment
- Strong communication skills, ability to work with other development teams
- Strong analytical skills, ability to analyze and work with complex systems
- Able to produce high quality documentation for both a technical and non-technical audience
- Able to produce high quality code within allotted timescales
- Ability to implement test and deliver very high quality software
- Ability to work in a fast moving environment and under pressure using own initiative but also integrating with multiple teams
- Educated to diploma/degree level in a computing based discipline
If you meet the above criteria and feel you have the skills and enthusiasm to join an exciting Craneware team, please review the Performance Profile at http://www.craneware.com/public/Article.aspx?id=156 and send your
CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior Database Developer
We are seeking experienced and talented Senior Database Developer. As a Senior Database Developer you will be responsible for ensuring that the data models used within Craneware solutions are in keeping with industry best practice. You will work with other senior engineers/architects to provide enterprise data models. You will work with senior engineers/architects in developing n-tier applications.
This role is full-time and will be located at Craneware’s Head Office at 1 Tanfield, Edinburgh. We are also supported by a number of US offices and remote teams throughout the US.
You should have successfully led software projects and delivered multi-tiered applications. You will be able to define enterprise architecture and quickly adapt to new technologies. Experience of defining enterprise solutions following a three tier architecture is required.
It is vital that you can analyse customer requirements and translate them into solutions using object oriented methods. Great oral and written communication skills are vital to allow you to understand customer requests/enquiries quickly and be able to explain your easy-to-follow solutions.
If you meet the above criteria and feel you have the skills and enthusiasm to join an exciting Craneware team, please review the Performance Profile at http://www.craneware.com/public/Article.aspx?id=481 and send your CV to email@example.com.