User Experience Designer Wanted (South of Edinburgh)
7 September, 2009 1 Comment
We are looking for an innovative, self-motivated and passionate user experience digital designer to help drive our leading Rich Internet Application forward. Utilising principles of usability, user-centred design, information architecture, and scalable and dynamic user interface design, this position will drive the User Interface (UI) and customer experience forward. This is a lead role involving extensive collaboration with the rest of the business and with an opportunity to contribute to all stages in the design process.
In leading the product forward you will need to be part interaction designer, part information architect, part usability expert, part business analyst, and all about user experience.
You will be involved in…
- designing the UI architecture, interface, interaction flow, and aesthetics of web, desktop and mobile applications and websites
- working with product management and development to translate requirements into compelling, innovative design solutions that demonstrate the power and value of rich client and web based internet experiences
- developing conceptual diagrams, wireframes, prototypes, visual mockups, and graphic assets
- the art direct/design the visual design of the web and software applications
- developing and maintain detailed user-interface specifications
- building upon and expand established style guides and UI patterns
- presenting design work to product and executive teams for review and receive feedback
- promoting usability best practices
- guiding technical and business teams in user-centred design principles
- supporting the company’s brand through various design projects and mediums
- At least 5 years of experience as a user experienced Designer, Interaction Designer, User Interface Designer, Information Architect, or similar role.
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating related experience.
- Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with Developers for implementation of designs.
- Fluency in best practices for web-based information architecture and design as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
- Familiarity with the technical considerations needed when designing for dynamic online & offline applications.
- Visual design expertise demonstrated through mockups and style guides.
- Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, Visio, Axure and Expression Design / Blend.
- Ability to create illustrations for stylized graphic artwork and icons (a strong plus).
- Demonstrated history of acquiring user data – conducting usability studies and performing user research (a plus).
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.
For more information: http://www.moneydashboard.com/jobs/ux-designer.aspx