Job: Software Engineer in Central Scotland
12 July, 2012 Leave a comment
We have received the following job opening from Cosneta who are looking for a Software Engineer to join their team.
Closing Date: 27 July 2012
Cosneta are an innovative technology start-up company based in central Scotland. The Company is developing an exciting new technology that will revolutionise an existing market space.
Cosneta are now looking for individuals (both graduate level and experienced) to join the company to help develop, implement and take our product to market. The opportunity for the ideal candidate will allow them to define their role and expand their experience into many different areas over the
development of the business.
- Strong experience in creation and implementation of algorithms in the control theory space such as filter design (e.g. Kalman), with a focus on inertial navigation systems, motion capture (non-video) and sensor fusion
- Software development experience, in Embedded environments and Windows or Mac environments
- Multiple years experience in C, C++ and/or Java programming languages
- An understanding of hardware and the issues of interfacing to it
- Problem solving and creativity in solution
- Ability to present a solution and argue for and against that solution
The candidate should be educated to degree level or have equivalent work experience.
Education in maths or physics would be an advantage.
The ideal candidate would be a self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision, be capable of working alone or within a group. Given the nature of a start-up, flexibility, adaptability and an attitude of “giving it a go” would be a clear advantage.
Location for the role: Central Scotland however options exists for home based working as well as the standard terms and conditions, share options will be part of the package.
Application via Cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org