Job: C++ / Glasgow (West End)
28 January, 2012 Leave a comment
This just in:
Developer Job -Blending Software with Hardware – with Core PD Ltd
C++ Programmer Job:
Core PD develop new products that blend software and hardware to create innovative and inspiring designs.
We are seeking a versatile practical problem solver to join our multidisciplinary engineering team in a programming role.
Our staff of 9 currently includes two software engineers and we are seeking a new staff to join and support them and gradually take ownership of some key projects.
The role is to provide software support to the following current projects:
- Developing the Studiomill software and adding new functionality for our range of rapid prototyping machines. www.studiomill.co.uk
- Developing controls algorithms for the world fastest pick and place robot which we have developed with innovation funding from the government.
- Authoring controls for the Poolpod swimming pool access system – www.core-life.com
- Assisting with robotics and automation programming with our industrial manufacturing customers including Fanuc Robotics/ Rolls Royce Inchinnan.
- The role would suit someone with a practical interest in engineering, machines and product design. We are a practical company that marries software with hardware on a number of scales from production of turbine blades in an industrial setting to development of consumer electronics.
- Must be a problem solver and able to stand back and objectively assess the big picture but also get hands dirty.
- Should have self-reliance but must be able to work as part of the wider team.
- Have the ability to acquire new skills and move across platforms, whether a micro-controller or database of app…
- Familiarity/experience with C++ is a must, anything with Open GL, visual studio and MFC would be an advantage.
- Any experience or courses in haptics, robotics or controls would also be an advantage.
- Location Walking distance from Glasgow’s west end
- Salary is £23-£30K depending on experience and ability, regular pay reviews in a fast growing company with opportunities to rise rapidly to roles with greater responsibility & salary.
- We like to have fun – in the last year works outings have included paragliding, paintballing, sailing and skiing.
- We have a flat management structure and recognise abilities in our staff and seek to use and develop them.
Applications welcome from all candidates with enthusiasm and ability to learn quickly:
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or call Josh on 0141 2372127 (day) or 0141 343777 (evenings/weekends.)